A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), and Policy Studies Institute (PSI), a home-grown policy think tank that is largely engaged in economic, social and governance research and policy analysis, on the 2nd of September 2022 at the auditorium of PSI here in Addis Ababa.
The ultimate purpose of the MoU is to provide a general framework for cooperation and to facilitate collaboration between GGGI and PSI to work together in supporting Ethiopia’s efforts on Climate Resilient Green Economy Development pathways through evidence-based research, climate action and demand driven capacity building to catalyze institutional transformation.
As per the MoU, the two parties will cooperate to support the Government of Ethiopia in the following areas:
- Integrated Model Development for Low Carbon Development Transition pathways
- Resource mobilization by jointly developing bankable projects and supporting their implementation
- Deep dive research, data, and decision-support tools
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sharing and disseminating institutional knowledge and experience on research, policy, institutional frame works and organization and implementation of green growth strategies through joint publications, workshops, conference and seminars.
- Other areas as may be agreed between the Parties
On Behalf of GGGI, the MoU was signed by Dr. Gemedo Dalle, GGGI Country Representative, and by H.E. Professor Beyene Petros, Executive Director of PSI.