Pursuit to section 27 of the Physical Planning Act, 2010 (Principle Act), the Gulu and Arua city plan will be put on display from the 24th May 2022 at the following places:
- Physical Planning Department, Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development, 1st floor Century House, Parliament Avenue, P.O. Box 7096, Kampala. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Planning Authority Head office, Plot 17A, Clement Hill Road, P. O. Box 21434 Kampala, Uganda. Email: email@example.com
- Global Green Growth Institute Head office, Plot 3 – 7, Kabalega Crescent, Ministry of Water & Environment
- Ministry of Local Government Offices, Workers House, Plot 1, Pilkington Road-Southern Wing, 5th Floor. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arua City headquarters; central division and Ayivu division offices; the Seven Former sub counties (Ayivuni, Pajulu, Dadamu, Oluko, Aroi, Manibe and Adumi
- Gulu City headquarters; Laroo-Pece division and Badege- Layibi division offices; the Seven Four sub counties (Kolo, Bugantira, Ongako and Unyama)
The Plan will be viewed at any of the above locations between 09:00hrs and 17.00hrs from Monday to Friday before 12th August 2022.
Any representation/comments to the Draft Plan should be done in writing the registers so provided at those points or address them to the Town Clerk. No representation will be accepted after the expiry of the stated date, Friday 12th August 2022.
This is part of Greening Uganda’s Urbanization and Industrialization Project funded by the European Union. The Plans have been developed by Global Green Growth Institute and Mott MacDonald, an International consulting firm.
The PDPs have been developed through a multi-stakeholder engagements within the cities including local leaders right from the ward levels. The team has had engagements with the policy and administrative units within the cities e.g. police, army, education institutions, churches/mosques, private sector etc.